Wills, Probates & Trusts


M.W. Keller & Son provides all of its clients with clear and practical guidance on the preparation and drafting of their Will and Estate planning and wealth management matters in general.  We can assist you in every aspect of drafting Wills, including reviewing existing Wills and providing tax efficient advice in relation to Estate planning. All of our clients are provided with an on-site safe keeping facility for their Wills at no extra cost to them.

After the passing of a loved one we will assist in the extraction of a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration and advise clients in relation to every aspect of the administration and distribution of the Estate.

Please contact us for more information or any queries that you may have.

Fields marked with a * are required

You should pick two people (although one is sufficient) and these are the people that will administer your estate. They will make sure that whatever you set out in your Will is carried out and they will also have to sign all the relevant documentation.

If you are married you should bear in mind that your spouse is entitled to 1/3 of your estate if you have children or 1/2 of your estate if you do not have children. This is called the Legal Right Share. If you want to leave your spouse a greater proportion than those amounts then you should note that they will be able to elect to take those amounts on your death. If you are concerned that this may be an issue for you please contact us and we will take more details and advise you accordingly.

If you have children under the age of 18 or who do not have legal capacity, their share of your estate will go into a trust. If this is the case, you will have to appoint trustees and a guardian(s). A guardian is the person that will take care of your children day to day and you can appoint this person under your Will. The trustees are the persons that will be responsible for the share of your estate left to your children and it will also be part of their responsibilities to ensure that the children are financially cared for from the trust fund. You should appoint two trustees and it might be advisable to have a guardian as one of those trustees also. If you have minor children we will advise you further on these issues but you should think of who you would like to be in these roles.

These are specific items that you want to leave to specific people e.g. an item of jewellery or if you want to leave a sum of money to a person.

The residue of your estate is what is left over after all the specific bequests. It is important because it is also a catch all that includes any assets you acquire after making your Will, for example if you won the lottery after making your Will, it would go into your residue.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email